Friday, March 9, 2007

The Food Industry

I have just received an informative email from a friend. It directed me to John Robbin's website, http://www.foodrevolution.org/index.htm He is "the only son of the founder of the Baskin-Robbins ice cream empire".
I usually don't react well to slick looking website that have a "shopping cart" displayed prominently on the home page. I immediately assume they are trying to sell me something (which they usually are), and I become wary.
I had never heard of him until this morning, but quickly found that he is an accomplished writer as I perused his website with my morning coffee. His website is a great place to start to learn about the Food Industry.
I have accepted the argument that eating a vegetarian diet is a much more efficient way of feeding humanity. It also is much healthier. For now, I continually confront what can only be described as "laziness" on my part as I strive to cut meat out of my diet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.